Classical flavour combinations going on here combined with some lovely textures. Greater nutritional value and depth of flavour with the use of spelt flour too. To make it gluten free simply replace the spelt with gluten free flour. It’s also refined sugar free like all our recipes!
220ml Broma raw cacao chocolate sauce
100g ground almonds
40g spelt flour
100ml maple syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
60g nut butter
A good pinch of salt
80g dried cherries
60g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 175C
- Using a wooden spoon and large mixing bowl, or electric mixer with paddle attachment, mix thoroughly all the ingredients apart from the dried cherries and macadamia nuts.
- When it’s mixed together well and got to that nice cookie dough consistency, throw in the cherries and nuts and mix again until they’re evenly distributed.
- Dollop 12 generous tablespoons of the mix onto a lined baking tray. Pat each one gently to resemble the picture. Keeping them plump ensures the cooking time is more accurate.
- Cook in a preheated fan oven for approximately 12-14 minutes.
- We literally eat all of them fresh out the oven, however if you’re saving them for later, once cooked you may like to place them on a cooling rack.
Note: This is a really adaptable recipe so feel free to play around with different combos. Whether that’s using a different flour, another type of nut butter or switching up the dried fruit and nuts. As long as the quantities remain roughly the same it’ll work. Make your cookie business personal!